Things have been nutters around here, and I'm not going to lie, I feel craptastic. I can't seem to concentrate on anything long enough to finish it, and everything in our lives right now outside of anything 'infertility' has been crazy.
Yesterday, at 9weeks0days, we had our viability ultrasound done at our fertility clinic. Our beautiful Blobby was right where it was supposed to be, moving it's little limb buds, munching on the last bit of yolk sac, and showing off it's gorgeous, fluttering heart.
The crown-rump length indicated Blobby was right on track with transfer date, giving us a gestational age of exactly 9weeks0days. Blobby, having seen her heartbeat, graduated to "Buggy" status.
As my readers will know, we did a process called PGD(S) during our IVF cycle: the day 3 embryos were biopsied, with one cell removed from each viable embryo; those cells were carefully labeled and sent overnight FedEx to De.troit Mi.chigan to Ge.nesis Gen.etics labs where a full genetic karyotype was run on each cell over night.
By day 5 of embryo development, only one of the six fertilized embryos was still alive - and it was genetically 'normal'.
It was also a GIRL.
What an amazing gift we were given yesterday - the news that we had a healthy, normal baby growing inside of me, and to know already that we're having a baby girl. Just amazing.
Don't be playa hatin'. I'm sure the news will make some jealous that we're finding out at 9w what the sex is, and most have to wait until 15+w.
We paid dearly for the process. We're successfully broke. Literally.
There has to be SOME perk to all of this. *wink*
![]() |
| Standing on her head facing us |
![]() |
| Upside down for the camera; doppler of Fetal Heart Rate below (FHR = 174bpm) |
My case nurse also let me know that the little embryo that made it to the night of day 4 before arresting which was also genetically normal was a little boy, which made me a little sad - not sure why, just reminded me I guess that from the time that sperm and egg meet and genetic material is matched, life begins.
We are so, so lucky. Unbelievably so. I just hope that this pregnancy lasts, and Buggy stays healthy and exactly where she's supposed to for the next 7 months.







5 comments on "And "Blobby" graduates"
That great. I suppose maybe thats one of the benefits about going through that PGD stuff- that you can find out gender from day 1 (or day 3 or day 5?!!) if thats what you want.
I'd not actually considered that.
I think I can understand about the sad feeling with the little boy-embie: even though we've not done ivf yet, I still feel teary about the unbalanced embies that we will have 'created' but not kept.
You're right, its still 'life'
I am so happy to hear blobby is doing well and that you already know the sex! Crazy!!
It's also amazing that we are only one week apart! I suppose you'll be in the February birth club with me since my babes will come a bit early.
Congrats and keep that buggy a growin'!
SO SO SO happy for you!! <3
Huge congratulations to you and Mr Buggy, and baby Buggy!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! (but then you already know that...)
Congratulations! I really hope this pregnancy goes well.
Post a Comment