September 19, 2011

17w3d


I guess I should update again from my most recent midwife appointment.

Everything seems to be going well with the pregnancy; Buggy's heartrate is at about 150bpm now, and I'm starting to feel movement and kicking in there every once in a while.

My next midwife appointment is in 3 weeks time.

I have to say that I'm enjoying the 'midwife' experience. They tend to take a lot of time with us; most importantly, I think they realize how fucked up in the heads Mr. Buggy and I are about this whole pregnancy thing actually happening, and seem to be really reassuring about everything that comes up.

I've lost a bit of weight from my last appointment, but I'm betting on the fact that because the weather's gotten much cooler, I'm not retaining as much water anymore. So far I have a total weight gain of 4 and 1/2lbs, which they say is really good so far.

They discussed prenatal classes with us, which are free here in our community. We'll probably start those in October/November some time.

I have an anatomy ultrasound scheduled at the end of the month; by then I'll be just about 19 weeks along. That, I'm looking forward to. I just want to see her, alive and well, measuring normally, organs functioning, moving around in there. Please, just let her be ok.
Photobucket

4 comments on "17w3d"

ADSchill on September 20, 2011 at 9:36 AM said...

Sounds like all is going well my friend. So glad you are getting close to that anatomy u/s! That is so fun!

Barren Lazza on September 24, 2011 at 4:09 PM said...

Another week down! Bring on the 20 week ultrasounds! Hope everything keeps on going well with you..

Unknown on October 13, 2011 at 9:29 AM said...

thank you so much for your comment over on my guest post at cup of jo. I think you are amazing. you are so brave to put it all out there like this. I was never able to and even now I'm shocked that I was able to write a story and actually publish it. when I read your comment I understood and lived every single word you said. I'm thinking about you and your Buggy and sending you many, many positive vibes and good energy from across the pond. x

Heather on October 16, 2011 at 10:54 AM said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to say congrats and I will be following your pregnancy journey! The 20 week ultrasound is amazing! Keep us updated!

Lurkers...

Blogger Awards Won:

Blogger Awards Won:

be IN
 

A Bug Odyssey: a journey through infertility Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Bug Blog Designed by BugBlogger