I keep having this recurring dream that my husband dies; the way he dies changes every night, but in the end, he dies.
And I'm left alone, pregnant, in a strange city.
And then baby comes, and SHE dies, too. I'm so tired, it's the middle of the night and I'm breastfeeding. I fall asleep while feeding her - and I smother her.
And then, it's just me. Alone. Crying on her bedroom floor.
And then I wake up.
I don't get it. I'm STILL waiting for the other shoe to fall, even in my subconscious. It still feels too good to be true.
Every appointment I go to, I'm 'normal'. The pregnancy is progressing 'normally'. Baby is 'normal'.
I'm grateful, don't get me wrong. I'm so grateful.
But - I've realized I've become an infertile (human) version of Pavlov's dog. And it sucks.





1 comments on "24w2d"
*big hugs*
I hope those nasty dreams start leaving you alone soon!
Post a Comment