January 08, 2012

We'll always have Infertility...


Everything is just truckin' along here. Nothing much to report.

I've been thinking about what will happen when Baby comes with respect to my blogging here; do I stop? take a hiatus until we (hopefully, one day) try for number 2? do I continue blogging all of her little milestones? do I just post, once in a while, when I have an insane-infertile rant I need to get out there?

I'm really torn about this.

I've had several women privately email me about my posts over the years; women going through the same thing, women encouraging me and women whom I've encouraged by sharing my experiences, pain, and essentially what is my take on being an infertile struggling to have a family.

Right now, I'm leaning towards calling it quits. Ending on what will be the highest note this blogger could achieve - motherhood. Perhaps coming back and posting if we decide to do more treatments in the future, perhaps not.

I want this to be a safe place where people going through this shitty disease called infertility can go for years to come and read my crazy rantings, share my tears, feel my pain - all with the purpose of knowing they're not alone. They'll never be alone. That despite our astronomically shitastic odds, my husband and I beat them - that in and of itself should inspire hope in someone out there in the blogosphere, longing to have a child to call their own.

If I post about Baby here once she's here, tangible, on this planet - it's no longer a safe place for those who need it to be. Someone else's baby pictures and posts about shitty diapers and sleepless nights are most certainly not an infertile's friend.

When I first really started this blog after my loss in July 2010, it was to mourn. To be angry at the world. To rant to someone. Anyone. No one at all.

My one suggestion to those reading this now suffering from IF if you haven't already - start a blog. Write in a diary. Get your feelings out there. It doesn't matter if anyone ever reads it or it's just there, a tool for you to use when you're feeling down. Some days, this blog was all that kept me going, kept me sane.

Blogging, my friends, is most certainly a type of therapy. Or it has been for me, at least. I think that's why, right now, I'm crying.

Because, for now, I'll continue to blog here until babe is born. And then, I think, we're off the air.

7 comments on "We'll always have Infertility..."

ADSchill on January 8, 2012 at 10:12 PM said...

Might I make a suggestion? Some women after facing IF and successful delivery decide to start a new blog about parenting. You could post that link on this blog for the ladies who have ridden the IF wave with you and want to continue following your journey. The ones who are not up for continuing the the ride can opt out?
I am not sure where in that category I will be, but I would love the option to keep updated.
MissConception

Stephanie on January 9, 2012 at 5:22 AM said...

You definitely have to do what makes you feel the most comfortable. Maybe you can start a separate blog once baby is here to track milestones?

TheThirtiesGirl on January 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM said...

Glad to hear you're doing well. I'm not sure what to do with my blog either...It was mostly started to reach out to others with IF and specifically BTs. I guess I still have some time to decide. I hope to see at least a few posts about baby before you sign off!

Heather on January 18, 2012 at 12:12 PM said...

I will miss you if you decide to stop blogging! It's so fun to hear about how the baby is growing etc. :-)

Barren Lazza on January 28, 2012 at 12:11 PM said...

Why not continue blogging? It's still your journey through infertility.

Once you have your baby, the way I see it, you'll still be infertile - but an infertile who has travelled the rough road and somehow, with a little luck and a lot of guts, made it to having a baby.

I bet there are lots of people who will still follow your blog and who will draw inspiration from reading it.

Best of luck with the impending birth - I'm going in for a c-section on Feb 13 and I think from memory you're not far off that are you? Hope you're keeping well x

Heather on February 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM said...

Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

Heather on March 6, 2012 at 8:26 AM said...

How are things going? I was thinking about you today and miss hearing from you!

Lurkers...

Blogger Awards Won:

Blogger Awards Won:

be IN
 

A Bug Odyssey: a journey through infertility Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Bug Blog Designed by BugBlogger