I'm having a follow-up (post-operative) ultrasound done on good ol' Lefty (if you haven't guessed, 'Lefty' is my pet name for my left ovary...) and I have a very bad feeling that Lefty won't be looking good.
Honest to God, I'm not being negative - I just have this feeling. I know the last time I was scanned they said I had a corpus luteum on that side, as well as on my right, but since then I've only had ovulation pains from my right side. As usual.
I don't know whether this means that I'm ovulating from both ovaries again or whether Righty has taken over, the bully that she is. Oh, Righty. Silly, dominating Righty.
I know at the end of the day it doesn't really matter which side I'm O'ing from; all that matters is what my freakin' antral follicle count is. And they were really hoping that it was a lot better after the inflamation died down on my L side.
But I have this sinking feeling that something's going to be up. That things won't be back to normal, and that I'll be back in to the clinic in another month or two for yet another AFC and follow up on Lefty. Corresponding to all of this mess with Lefty is the fact that I've been ovulating a lot earlier lately, which I'm worried about. My luteal phase is still within normal range, but still. My cycles have been less than 28 days long since the miscarriage (see: Ovulation Chart link in navigation bar above). My cycles have been more like 24, 25 days long. And I'm worried that this is going to be a problem for the IVF cycling....
I really hope I'm wrong...





0 comments on "5 days to go..."
Post a Comment