March 11, 2011

Bombshell: dropped.


I couldn't figure out why my sister was so upset when we told her we'd be moving; it was a known fact that for the past few years my husband has been applying all over Hell's half acre, and we made sure to announce to everyone each time he had an interview here, there, and everywhere so as to give them ample warning just in case the job prospect actually came through.

When I called to tell her, she was sobbing, uncontrollably. Extremely upset, almost unable to even talk to me about it. I found myself trying to comfort her, tell her this was a good thing, that she could come visit and that it would be so much fun. And most importantly - I would be together again with my husband, which was what's best for us as a couple.

I got off the phone, and rang my other sister. She was just pissed off that we were moving, and basically told us that she'd never come and visit, that the city we're moving to is 'greasy'. (This was the response I expected. She's melodramatic, self-centered, and immature. Three days later I called her again and she was all gung-ho about flying out to see us and imagine the shopping we can do! (ugh. Sigh.)).

As for sister #1. Well. Turns out the reason she was so upset is because she's pregnant. Again. And she thought that we'd be on mat leave together for at least a few months (given that this summer cycle would actually work...). Last night I was at their house and she dropped the bombshell.

What hurts most is that I'm the last to know. She was too scared to tell me, and couldn't figure out how to tell me the good news. She didn't want to hurt me knowing what we've been through and what we're going through.  She told me she was sorry. Sorry that she was pregnant and I wasn't.

And that broke my heart.

My problems with infertility, our problems, are now directly affecting my family. And that's not fair. The joy my sister should have felt telling me was stolen from her because of our suffering.
Photobucket

2 comments on "Bombshell: dropped."

ADSchill on March 11, 2011 at 11:34 PM said...

I'm sorry. That sucks so much. And I know my sister would feel the same way. I wouldn't be surprised if she got pregnant before me again. It's hard on all parties unless you are good at keeping secrets.
I didn't know about one of my friends until after many others because she was afraid to tell me it happened on the first try.
There isn't much we can do. Hopefully it gets better.
MissConception

Anonymous said...

Oh hun, I'm so sorry. That must have been so hard. But don't beat yourself up because your fertility problems are affecting your family--that's how this works. It isn't just you and your husband going through this--it's all the people who love you. You didn't ask for this--it's not your fault and it certainly isn't your fault that it affects others too. It should affect them--they love you. They are in this too.

Lurkers...

Blogger Awards Won:

Blogger Awards Won:

be IN
 

A Bug Odyssey: a journey through infertility Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Bug Blog Designed by BugBlogger