August 02, 2010

A different perspective?


I was surfing the web last night and came across a blog written by a woman who is also suffering through infertility.

She had mentioned in one of her posts that while at a party with some friends and their children, she'd come to the realization that she would miss the independence and quietness associated with being child-free. And she (at that moment,) reveled in the idea.

Perhaps I haven't been traveling this rocky journey long enough to feel the same, or perhaps I've been on the road too long to have similar thoughts.

Gosh darn it, I want my baby. I want the noise and the sleepless nights and the boo-boos and diaper changes. I want my independence to be shattered by a little being that will most certainly give me more joy than I've ever imagined.

I'm certainly not judging the writer for having those feelings; some of my best friends have said the same thing to me. And maybe a year ago, when I was a little less jaded, a little more naive, and a little richer I would have said the exact same thing. I don't know - maybe I did - I honestly can't remember.

Some days, I really wish I could feel that way.

0 comments on "A different perspective?"

Lurkers...

Blogger Awards Won:

Blogger Awards Won:

be IN
 

A Bug Odyssey: a journey through infertility Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Bug Blog Designed by BugBlogger