Man oh man. Sometimes I'm not very intelligent...
Today my husband and I were out and about, window shopping and antiquing in this quaint little village town in the valley. We were having a lot of fun, going in and out of all the little privately owned and operated shops. I had my eye on some very unique, colourful paintings done by a local artist. They were gorgeous; but I had to stop myself from buying one - because when I considered where I would put it, the only logical place would be in a baby's room. Well, I don't have a baby.
Keep walking...
A few stores later, we walked into any woman's dream store who was in the process of planning out a nursery. Absolutely GORGEOUS stuff - little organic sheet sets in an array of colours, little sock monkeys/frogs/bears; vibrantly coloured wood cut-outs in the shape of bugs ( like butterflies and beetles) and animals (like monkeys and giraffes), little signs with cute sayings meant to be posted above the little one's bed. Too cute.
Just the kind of stuff I'd be in the market for right now if my little Bug was still alive.
:`(
I felt myself choking on tears - especially looking at my husband's face as we cruised through the store.
So let this be a lesson to myself: don't, I mean, DON'T, go into any kiddie stores.
Just not yet.






0 comments on "Why did I do that?"
Post a Comment