I've decided to take up sewing again.
It's been years since I pulled out the ol' machine (and it's old - my mum gave it to me, and she received it as a wedding gift - so, 34 years old). It's a fantastic machine, weighs a tonne, and does everything I ask of it. I made 3 bridesmaids dresses, numerous quilts, and other pieces of clothing with it over the years.
Well, it's time to dust old Bessy off.
A girlfriend and I are in the same predicament this Fall/Winter - our hubbies are both away for work for months on end, and so we've decided as a way to occupy our minds, we're both going to start a 'virtual' sewing club. I don't know how effective our technical support skills will be over email, but, we're doing it. And so the hunt begins for a gorgeous dress pattern that will actually look flattering on me.
And I'm stuck in the past. Yikes!
I knew exactly what I wanted to make - but couldn't find any current-day patterns matching the vision in my head. Until I started searching through vintage sites - wowzers. I have fallen in love. Now not all patterns have been my cup of tea - but I think I've found 'the one'. How exciting.
And it's something to keep my mind off of all of this other business. Something to get excited about; something to talk about with my GF other that infertility.
And, it's something that we will both feel really proud of when we're done - and hopefully, we'll look good, too. :)






0 comments on "Occupy the mind."
Post a Comment