Lately my husband and I have been thinking, well, a little differently. He's recently been told that his contract won't be up for renewal due to massive budget cuts in his department. Good for me since it means he's coming home and I (we) won't be alone anymore. Bad in a way for him as, despite his best efforts, he's yet to receive a bite on any of his job prospects. Since September, he's sent out over 40 job applications all over the US and Canada, and only had a few bites. Not good, not good at all.
So very quickly we're having to come up with a contingency plan in the event that he doesn't get work before June. I just can't afford the mortgage and all of the other payments on my income alone; we have to hedge our bets that it'll take him a long time to find work as his field is very specific and so he's quite limited in what he can do.
Game plan: we're selling our townhouse. We've decided it's what's best for us right now. If we sell, we free up a bit of equity which would allow us to do several treatments (ok, not several, but at least 2 by my calculations) free and clear. In the meantime, we can rent an apartment and start saving a bit of money again.
We'll get there. It was a depressing thought at first, having to give up one's home, but, really? A baby is more important at this point. Totally. A home is where your family is.
Yesterday I spent the day washing, waxing and detailing our car in order to get it ready to sell. When hubs comes home again we'll put it on Craigslist and hopefully sell it right away. With that money we'll have most of our drugs covered for a cycle.
You may think we're crazy. Nope. Just bloody determined.





3 comments on "Life: In perspective."
Reguarding selling your car... you can also put it on canadatrader.com for free online!!
I am glad you can have your hubby back but not under these circumstances!!
Good luck with selling your house!! I HOPE they have a bidding war over your house and you get more than what expected :)
thanks hopeful - I'll make sure to use that website!
We have to wait until May for him to come home, but when he does it'll be awesome. :)
HUGS! I hope your DH finds a new job soon and wishing you lots of luck with your treatments!
Post a Comment