June 06, 2011

That's right,


I'm getting political now. I've officially made a statement of loyalties on my blog with respect to the Cup. And yes, that is a Can.ucks insignia.

(as if there was any doubt - I'm a die-hard Can.ucks fan, always have been, always will be).

So why, then, am I sitting here blogging whilst I should be cheering and jeering?

I get too worked up over the games. Too stressed out. Definitely not conducive to maintaining a 'Zen'-like state of mind. Pretty hard to relax when you're on the edge of your seat the whole game, screaming obscenities at a television screen. I'm sure as soon as that national anthem is sung, my cortisol levels sky rocket.

No thanks.

As much as I would love to watch us win the Cup, baby is more important. So I'm sitting out in the sunshine, making a bit of vitamin D, blogging.

I took this week off of work to relax. I need to relax. And the more the weather gets nicer here, the more I think to myself - I want to sit on a fucking beach somewhere and double-fist with what I hope are virgin beverages and just read. People watch. Sun myself. And relax.

I have been talking about a vacation for months now. Mr. Buggy seemed to be quite on board with it when I brought it up yet again today; after all, we have our moving dates set, and we know when I'll be finished work so why not? Why not use a bit of the money we earn from the sale of our house towards a nice vacation?

His immediate question was - do we go on a budget, or are the skies the limit?

I told him, at this point, I don't care. I just want good food, good drink, and nice weather.

AND NO KIDS.

Any suggestions?

Photobucket

2 comments on "That's right,"

katebueckert on June 6, 2011 at 9:04 PM said...

Oooh, not sure where you're located to start - but I say an all inclusive somewhere would be awesome. It's maybe getting a little warm - but some people like it hot.

My husband and I are doing a 5 day trip to Ottawa for Canada Day at the end of this month - I am so looking forward to just relaxing and forgetting my problems for a few days.

Hopefully you guys can get away!

Anonymous said...

it may not be 100% kid free, but I recommend a Mediterranean Cruise. Leave from Barcelona, spend a week on the mediterranean sea and see places in Italy and France... it's awesome.

And to ensure you get to enjoy the fresh, hot, humid air in private, get a balcony room. You will not be disappointed.

Lurkers...

Blogger Awards Won:

Blogger Awards Won:

be IN
 

A Bug Odyssey: a journey through infertility Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Bug Blog Designed by BugBlogger