Here we go, another week, a few more dollars.
Well, made it out of the weekend relatively unscathed. Relatively. At one of our lovely FFFs a close family member started calling dibs on baby names, rattling off names that we 'can't use'. Sigh. Then, the suggestions started. "If you have a girl, you should name her _________, and if you have a boy, you should name him _________". Well, people, we're not preggo. Leave us alone. And I felt like asking how this subject even came up. And WTF? Since when is it socially acceptable to tell people what they should name their kids?
Sometimes I wish I lived very, very far away. Like in another country. That would be nice. Just imagine it: holidays on our terms because of travel/financial/weather restrictions; limited visitation; severely diminished expectations. NICE. One can dream.
The day draws closer when hubby will be off across country setting up shop for the better part of the year. I'm starting to get a lot more down about it. I'm really not looking forward to it; I know I'm going to be very lonely. I'm trying to come up with things to fill my time while he's gone. I looked into joining the gym down the street, and their prices are really reasonable. I could pop in on my way home from work 3 or 4 times a week for a bit. We'll see.
As for the healing process post m/c - it's still happening. I'm still bleeding, and I didn't get a chance to call the clinic today to see what the next step is. Talking to some friends it looks like they may eventually want to do an u/s, but we'll see what they say. I just wish I knew how long I could expect to bleed for. I have to remember to call them in the next couple of days.
Hubby took me to buy my anniversary present today - a gorgeous Tiffany silver ring with 2 interlocking bands. I'd never been there before (Tiffany & Co) and let me tell you, it was nice. And all of their stuff is so gorgeous. I wish we could have afforded their stuff when we were buying our wedding bands.
Well, back to the grind.






0 comments on "Monday, Monday."
Post a Comment