May 08, 2011

Back into the sticking...


Take it easy, take it easy. Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy. 
- The Eagles 

... of acupuncture needles, that is.

Although this week's treatment session wasn't very - Zen-like. At all. I have a horrible chest cold and a post-nasal drip, so having to lay flat on my back for 30 minutes with needles poking out of me every-which way while trying to meditate was challenging.

After 15 minutes of hacking up a lung, my TCMD came back in the room and admitted defeat for this week, removed the needles and said that she'd see me next week. She said there wasn't much point in prolonging the choking torture that she had heard through the closed door (but in reality, pretty hard to get other people Zen and focused in other rooms when I'm next door, with a very 'productive' cough.)

Oops!

I feel like pooh. A big pile of pooh. I don't get sick very often, maybe once every couple of years (which is a feat in itself considering I'm a healthcare worker and exposed to all sorts of communicable nasties on a daily basis), usually in February (I'm not kidding, I could set my watch by it - except for last fall when I got the Norwalk and wanted to fucking die), so this year's cold is a little late.

And making up for lost time.

I took a couple of days off of work last week to try and recoup. It didn't work. I'm at the moment just getting sicker and sicker. Boo-urns.

At the same time, we're getting ready to list this week, so today was chuck-a-block full of last minute renos, planting, and cleaning. All week we'll be cleaning; shampooing carpets, cleaning windows, vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing and painting.

No rest for the sick this week, my friends.
Photobucket

0 comments on "Back into the sticking..."

Lurkers...

Blogger Awards Won:

Blogger Awards Won:

be IN
 

A Bug Odyssey: a journey through infertility Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Bug Blog Designed by BugBlogger