May 17, 2011

I'm Jonesin'. BIG TIME.


Junkie: a person who is consumed by an addiction
- the Urban Dictionary

In an effort to improve my health, and potentially the outcome of my next IVF, I've given up caffeine.

Somebody, please? Give my head a shake? What the fuck was I thinking?!

I feel like crap. A big, steaming pile of dog  horse  pig  cow crap. And I don't even drink that much caffeine. Maybe a cup or two a day? My poor hubs has been trying to calm me as I experience what can only be withdrawl symptoms from what is obviously now going to be deemed as my 'crack'.

Sigh. I keep ripping his head off and shitting in the hole. Classy.

Then I got to thinking: how bad could one cuppa joe be for my egg quality, given that now I have to take tylenol every 4 hours to counteract the headaches? I mean, common! Tylenol's got to be worse for my health than caffeine, right? No? damn.

About once a day I have a glass of diet Coke. I thought I'd be craving that more, but really I've discovered it's the bubbles I crave - so I've started drinking sparkling water and Soda Water. (Yuck, I know. But after a couple of days you won't taste all that salt... hehe)

So as I now down my bowl of porridge with a nice glass of milk along with the contents of my chuck-a-block full old-lady pill dispenser for "Tuesday",  all I can think is: I WANT MY FUCKING COFFEE.
Photobucket

6 comments on "I'm Jonesin'. BIG TIME."

katebueckert on May 17, 2011 at 9:13 AM said...

Not that this helps - but I'm now a month caffeine free. I didn't go cold turkey - I was a huge Diet Coke drinker (so aspartame as well as caffeine). I weaned myself off slowly - one cup one hurt you now - but maybe have just half a cup next week.

I got over my pop addiction by drinking Perrier (I liked the fizziness).

Good luck - you can do it!

Elphaba on May 17, 2011 at 4:46 PM said...

Superstore has a really good brand of fizzy water that is lightly carbonated and has no added sodium so it doesn't have that weird salty taste. It's their store brand--I drink it all the time. Maybe you'll like that better?

Blogger on May 17, 2011 at 6:49 PM said...

Thank you both so much for your encouragement and suggestions!
I'll be off to Superstore this weekend for some nicer sparkling water ;)
xo

Hopeful4 on May 17, 2011 at 7:53 PM said...

Lol that is too FunNy bit good work girl!!!
Carbonated water...ick. Totally go for the less salty! You could always add a touch of crystal light to give a bit of a taste. Good luck and enjoy!

DandelionBreeze on May 17, 2011 at 11:03 PM said...

Coffee has been the haaaardest thing to give up while TTC ! If IF isn't unfair already... giving up coffee/caffeine makes it all the more difficult. Hope your withdraws improve. Love always xoxo

bebefever on May 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM said...

I like San Pellegrino for the fizzies , with a lemon/lime/orange slice or two.

Hugs! It will get better. The first few days are the worst!

Lurkers...

Blogger Awards Won:

Blogger Awards Won:

be IN
 

A Bug Odyssey: a journey through infertility Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Bug Blog Designed by BugBlogger