I am burned out man. Between work, selling, moving, and upcoming IVF attempt no. 2, I am a total ball of anxiety. I really think that I'm almost at the point where I need to go to my doctor for meds; I'm having troubles sleeping (mostly I just can't shut my brain off) and the sense of being overwhelmed constantly, is, well, overwhelming.
Icing on the cake? (because what's cake without icing?)
Today I have to go and buy a gift each for two newborns; my BFF's and my cousins.
And then it's off to BFF's house to congratulate them on their new, second, bundle of joy.
The idea... irritates me. Causes me anxiety. Overwhelms me. Because I know what I'll be sitting there thinking as I hold that little one - that this may never happen for me. And she got this twice.
And then there's the shopping. Oh, how I hate shopping on a weekend. The malls and stores are busy. Full of people happy to peruse for hours on end, when I'm the type where you can't get me the hell outta there fast enough. So get the hell out of my way. Grr. And of course, I'll be shopping for baby clothes. Oh joy of joys.
I want to get away. To somewhere nice and hot. Where I don't have to cook or clean. Just lay on a fucking beach and drink my sorrows and worries away.
Wouldn't that be nice?





4 comments on "I need a vacation."
You totally deserve a vacation! I hope you can find something that would you sleep and feels less anxiety.
Just think in less than 6 months your house will be sold, your IVF cycle will be done, and you will be moving to start a whole new life. And if you have a baby in your belly GREAT!!!!
Thanks Hopeful!
Your comments are always so positive and sweet.
(hugs)!!
I'm sorry bug!
I know exactly how you feel. I am buying a house, doing IVF and watching all my friends raise babies. It's tough and stressful.
If you don't have time to vacation, might I suggest taking a weekend just for you? Plan things you love and spend it with your hubby. Or just by yourself in a baby free zone. Drink some wine and watch chick flicks.
You deserve to decompress. We all do.
MissConception
I'm so sorry that you are feeling so stressed. You have way too much going on for one person to handle... so no wonder you're a big ball of anxiety!((HUGS))
Of course, when you most need a vacation, that's when there's no money or time to go. I hope that you are able to find a solution that helps to relieve your anxiety, be it medication or otherwise. And if you have any questions or just need to vent... I'm just a FB message away. Unfortunately, I understand anxiety all too well. And the buying gifts for other people's babies too.
More((HUGS))girl. I hope that in a few months, this will all be behind you and you'll be celebrating some very good news!
Post a Comment