Today I was in to the FC to go over what we're going to do next time 'round with my protocol. Holy Hannah, it's more complicated than the last time (if that's even possible - add PGS and limited time frames for biopsying and biopsy shipping to a IVF/ICSI cycle and it becomes very convoluted).
The appointment was pretty quick; didn't need to have an orientation on injectables (I got to be a pro at them last time, and we're using Bravelle and Menopur again; the Lupron is a new addition, but it's given the same way, pre-mixed by the clinic so I'll only be reconstituting the Brav & Men).
Unfortunately, I'll have to be on the OCP (oral contraceptive pill) Marvelon again, but only for about a week in order for the clinic to better time my progress with an appropriate ER day, and thus biopsy day*. They tried their best to eliminate the pill from my protocol given how poorly I reacted last time to it, but it was impossible to do.
Oh well. I can do with only a week of puking into garbage cans at work. I guess.
A lot of the protocol isn't quite cemented yet, but here's the general gist:
- ~ CD14: Confirm Ovulation with OPK's
- ~ CD21, 7 days later: start OCP for about 1 week. (Marvelon. Fuck.)
- ~ CD31, 3rd day off pill, **ON A MONDAY**: Start 0.2cc Lupron, twice daily, until ER
- ~CD33: Add to the Lupron B.I.D. Menopur 150iu (am) and Bravelle 225iu (pm)
I forgot to ask if Bravelle or Menopur can be combined with the Lupron injections so that I'll only have to give one injection each time.

* Biopsy of the embryos must not fall on a weekend since the cells have to be shipped overnight to De.troit, and the clinic will not ship such time sensitive material on a Saturday or Sunday for fear of my little baby cells not making it to their destination. Biopsying occurs on 3dpER... so the ER can't occur on a Wednesday or Thursday. Because of this, my protocol must start on a Monday.





6 comments on "Here we go again."
Sounds like a very complicated plan! My fingers are crossed along with everything else for you!
Hopefully this is the protocol for you!! FX for you hun that all the timing works out and this will be your time!!!
xoxo
Belle
Sending you lots of luck and hope!
I'm glad you've found some catharsis through writing. I'm adding you to my blogroll!
Thanks ladies! I appreciate all of your support. :)
xo
I gave you the award "The Versatile Blogger Award" :) Do check out my link http://ivfsingapore.blogspot.com/ for more info.
Post a Comment