May 25, 2011

Please keep me humble.


I wonder if I'll ever not be bothered by pregnancy announcements and baby bellies, and pretty much anything baby.

Will there ever be a time, where, like years ago, I'd have a smile on my face when someone told me their life-changing news? When I'd love holding a baby and you couldn't pry that little one from my envious grips?

Infertility has made me so - cold. Insensitive, in a way. Jaded and jealous. It's amazing because that's not me. I'm a happy, genuine person who cares about people. I just hate how much I've changed.

But at the same time this shite journey has taught me to be humble and appreciative of what I do have. That I shouldn't ever assume that people will ever understand what we're going through.

That's it. A short one today.
Photobucket

5 comments on "Please keep me humble."

BrokenBirdsBees on May 25, 2011 at 9:52 PM said...

Very true. IF turns most of us cold and jealous. It's not just you. I wish I could be happy some days. Happy for others. But I feel the happiness has hidden away and replaced with anger instead.

And I know that no one else understands even though they say they do.

Stinky on May 26, 2011 at 4:16 AM said...

Damn right, well said

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more, especially the part where there was a time where you could not pry a baby from my grips, now I can't even look at them let alone hold them. At least I know I am not alone, and neither are you hun!!!!! {{Hugs}}

xoxo
Belle

bebefever on May 26, 2011 at 8:09 AM said...

If you ever figure out how to get back to the way you were before, can you let me in on it? I'm already there and we aren't even close to dealing with everything you're dealing with.

Big hugs! And I think its completely normal to be feeling how you're feeling.

S.I.F. on May 30, 2011 at 11:54 PM said...

I think we've all been there. In that place of darkness and dispair where we feel like we'll never be able to feel that happiness for someone else again. In truth, I sometimes still wonder if there will ever be a time when pregnancy announcements don't give me that initial jolt of just sadness and envy. But I can say that my joy holding babies has slowly started to return... I hope yours does too.

Lurkers...

Blogger Awards Won:

Blogger Awards Won:

be IN
 

A Bug Odyssey: a journey through infertility Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Bug Blog Designed by BugBlogger